Once you plan to visit Hanoi, If you want to:
– Learn how to cook home-style Vietnamese/Hanoi cuisine at a house in the old quarter
– Immerse in a cozy and hospital 3-generation family atmosphere
– Pick up local tips that you can take home to impress your family and friends
This home-cooking experience should not be missed !!
Right in the centre of Hanoi and 5 minute walk from Hoankiem lake, a Hanoi original family lives from generation to generation. Hong is a lovely Hanoian lady, full of warmth and kindness, not to mention talented cooking skills. Don’t leave Hanoi without trying her delicious spring rolls or delightful salads, whether papaya, banana blossom, or green mango that spring to life with an array of fresh, aromatic, verdant Vietnamese herbs. Vegetarian or customized Hanoi/Vietnamese meals can be offered upon your request.
Hong does not speak English so she hosts with her daughter Hang, who works at an environment NGO. Sometimes her nephew (Diem or Nhai will replace/support Hang when she is busy with her 2 little daughters). Your hosts go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcomed in Vietnam. This duo are excited to share the culinary traditions and recipes of Hanoi with you!
More than a cooking class, it is a really unique experience with Hanoian family traditions and culture.
PRICING: Per Pax
|1 person||2-4 people||5+ people|
|In-Home Meal||Not offered||$25||$25|
|Cooking Experience+ Meal||$65||$45||40|
|Market Tour+ Cooking + Meal||Not offered||$55||45|
|Cooking Experience+ Meal||11:00am-1:30pm||5:00pm-7:30pm|
|Market Tour+ Cooking + Meal (weekends preferable)||10:00am-1:30pm||On required|
Enjoy a traditional Hanoian meal at Hong’s table. Your menu will include home-style dishes such as a seasonal salad, perhaps banana blossom, kohlrabi or papaya depending on what looks best at the market or fresh spring rolls, followed by a main dish of Hanoi chicken vermicellisoup (Bún thang). Vegetarian menu or specialized menu can be
For dessert you will sample green rice sweet soup, a very delights of Hanoi.
Learn to prepare an authentic Vietnamese/Hanoi dish with the host. Special tips from Hanoian cooking-lovers will be given to you through hand-on experience. The detailed recipe will be sent to you later.
Your experience will begin with a walk through a Hanoian market with us, Diem or Hang, during which you might try some exotic Vietnamese fruit or other produce. Note that market visits are preferable on weekends.
- Start times may vary due to sunset times and will be confirmed in advance by host.
- The host owns wide range of authentic Hanoian food, apart from most preferred meal (spring rolls/grilled fish, banana blossom salad/papaya salad), can offer tailor-made menu for you on request.
- Free pick-up if guests locate in the old quarter or surrounding HoanKiem lake. If guest prefer to go by taxi, taxi cost will be from guest’s side.
- Ms. Hang, 0164 638 7722, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time will be confirmed upon the negotiation/agreement if there is any change/request.